Ahead of National Kissing Day on June 22nd in the US, we took the liberty of compiling the perfect list of movies and shows currently streaming on Netflix in honor of Kiss Day. Whether you’re watching with a partner, are single and want to live vicariously, or just want to indulge in some good old-fashioned romance, we’ve got the best recommendations for you here.
5 Movies to Watch on National Kissing Day 2022
- The kissing booth (2018) – Would it really be National Kissing Day without starting things with that? kissing booth Saga? We don’t think so! Starring Joey King, Jacob Elordi and Joel Courtney, the films explore forbidden romance, teenage love and friendship. Overall, it’s a great, simple watch that will definitely satisfy all of your smoochy needs.
The official synopsis of the film reads:
“A pretty young girl who has never been kissed finds her life turned upside down when she decides to run a kissing booth and unexpectedly ends up locking her lips to her secret crush.
Check out the trailer for the first film that started the franchise below!
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) – Just like them kissing booth, we couldn’t imagine National Kissing Day without seeing one of our favorite teenage rom-coms. To kick things off, we recommend starting with the first film in the franchise, but don’t be shy, you can devour them all in one day. Dead easy. The film stars Lana Condor as Lara Jean and Noah Centineo as Peter Kravinsky. The official synopsis of the film reads:
“What if all the crushes you’ve ever felt suddenly figured out how you felt about them? Lara Jean Song Covey’s love life spirals from imaginary to out of control when the love letters for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all—are mysteriously sent.”
Check out the trailer below!
- Ain’t It Romantic (2019) – A hilarious romantic comedy starring Rebel Wilson and Chris Hemsworth. After an unhappily in love New York architect is knocked out by a city robber, she wakes up to find her world turned upside down. The official synopsis of the film reads:
“Natalie is an architect who is knocked unconscious during an attempted robbery and finds herself in an alternate universe that has all the elements of a romantic comedy.”
Check out the trailer below.
- A Nice Girl Like You (2020) – A little raunchy, but still empowering, A nice girl like you follows a shy and prudish violinist as she embarks on her sexual awakening after making a bucket list of all the things she wants to experience in the world of sex. The movie stars Pretty little liars Alumna Lucy Hale in the title role.
The official synopsis of the film reads as follows:
“After being accused by her ex-boyfriend of being too self-conscious, a violinist creates a pretty wild to-do list that sends her on a whirlwind journey of self-discovery.”
Check out the trailer for the film below!
- alex strangelove (2018) – Not only is it soon to be National Kissing Day, it’s also Pride Month, and we couldn’t tick our favorite LGBTQ+ rom-com off the list! The film is perfectly sane and the chemistry between the actors is undeniable! The film stars Daniel Doheny, Madeline Weinstein and Antonio Marziale. The official synopsis of the film reads:
“High school senior Alex Truelove’s plan to lose his virginity to his lovely friend Claire goes awry when he meets the equally lovely Elliot.”
The trailer for the movie is pretty hilarious, so if that doesn’t convince you to check it out, we don’t know what will! Check it out below!
https://netflixlife.com/2022/06/12/5-movies-shows-national-kissing-day/ 5 Movies and Shows to Watch on Netflix for National Kissing Day