The fireplace began within the giant constructing on Highland Avenue at 6 p.m. Monday, leaving 20 households homeless.
Two firefighters suffered minor accidents and one resident was hospitalized for smoke inhalation.
The fireplace was extinguished however reignited at round 3 a.m. Tuesday.
Heavy flames shot by means of the roof, forcing firefighters to return.
The constructing was below renovation, however it’s unknown if that contributed to the trigger.
The reason for the hearth continues to be below investigation.
Copyright © 2021 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.
https://abc7ny.com/mount-vernon-fire-firefighters-apartment-building-unit-catches/11189843/ | 3-alarm fireplace burns by means of condo constructing in Mount Vernon, Westchester County, leaving dozens homeless