HARMONY TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A 2-year-old boy was taken to Children’s Hospital after he was found unconscious after ingesting a large number of pills.
No arrests have been made but there are many questions e.g. B. Who observed this 2-year-old?
CONTINUE READING: Local WWII veteran celebrates 100th birthday
Sources tell KDKA that the 2-year-old took a large dose of tranquilizers around the house.
The toddler was unconscious when police arrived and had to use Narcan before paramedics reached the home.
The police searched the house after receiving a search warrant and described the deplorable conditions inside.
The parents were in the hospital with the 2-year-old and an employee of the child and youth welfare office came to the home with the police.
Neighbors were disturbed.
“We’ve seen some things that have raised some concerns, but never enough to say we should speak up,” a neighbor said.
CONTINUE READING: Pitt students deliver care packages to dialysis patients across the city
“We’re obviously all cheering for him,” said another neighbor. “I would like to know if I can get updates in the future on what they are planning for the future care of this child.”
The toddler’s father said he and his wife have four children, three together.
He added that they were home at the time the toddler took the medication and said he didn’t know how much he was taking and what type of medication it was.
He also denied claims that the child had been unconscious.
According to him, the child was groggy, had cold hands and feet, and “didn’t react well.”
At this point, the child is recovering in the hospital and speaking.
So far no charges have been filed.
MORE NEWS: Greensburg Church of the Brethren helps feed the hungry
Stay tuned to KDKA.com for more details
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022/03/26/two-year-old-takes-sedative-medication/ 2-year-old boy in critical condition after ingesting large amount of tranquilizer – CBS Pittsburgh